Engine Repairs, Rebuilds & Quality Car Engine Replacements
Buying A New Car Vs Having An Engine Rebuild / Remanufacture
Why recycled engines make more sense than ever.
With prices for new cars getting higher year after year, more and more pound concious truck and car owners have cottoned on to what has always been a great idea: replacing an old worn out engine with a fresh new one.
Initially the savings can be tremendous, since a "recycled car or truck engine costs are roughly about 10% of the cost of a new car, also your money saving will continue, since an engine from a quality-dedicated engine shop should give you tens of thousands of miles of carefree driving in your current motorcar.
Buying A New Car
1. The average car costs in the UK are around £18,000.00. In addition to your trade-in you'll have to make monthly payments for four to seven years (and of course, a new car loses 25% of it's value the minute you drive it out of the showroom.
2. Sure, you'll have a shiny new car you may come to love or hate.
3. You get a new car warranty
4. Finance charges are expensive. At 8%, you get socked for £1,400 worth of charges over five years.
5. Your insurance costs will probably go up.
6. You could lease a new car, but you won't build up any equity. With a £300.00/36 month lease, you will have nothing at all to show for your money after three whole years except £10,00.00 worth of paper receipts. Excess mileage can be costly as well.
7. VAT on a new or leased car will hit you for £3,000-£3,500 or more if you are not registered for VAT & they put that on top as well.
8. You may gain new options like a CD player or a sunroof.
Getting An Engine Rebuild
1. You can have a remanufactured engine installed for roughly between £1,200-2,000 for most vehicles.
2. Your treasured family car will gain in value and gain a great new lease of life.
3. Your auto or truck engine should perform "like new" for tens of thousands of miles to come.
4. Credit Card financing can usually be arranged with low monthly payments. With all the money you save you can continue to save for a new car or a well deserved holiday.
5. No increase in insurance.
6. You can drive as many miles as you like.
7. Your VAT should be around £100-300 on most work orders depending on your the engine cost.
8. You can add whatever accessories you may need for generally less than what new car dealers charge.
9. With your car,van or trucks new engine it will be worth more as a future trade-in model or to sell or pass on to your family or friends.
10. You will be helping the environment by using a recycled engine in your renewed motorcar.
What do you get in a remanufactured engine?
When you choose a remanufactured engine you can kiss your old engine and it's nagging problems goodbye and good riddance forever. In exchange for this you will get a "just like new" engine that has been completely remanufactured from the block up. In addition to using many new engine parts & components, the block, crankshaft, and many other durable parts are thoroughly cleaned and remachined to the engine builders official specifications.
Typical re-machined components
- Valve Seats
- Connecting Rods
- Crank Shaft
In addition, get a tune up kit: (up to a £50 value)
- New Spark Plugs
- New Spark Plug Wires
- New Air Filter
- Oil Change & Filter
- New Thermostat
- New Anti-freeze
Frequently Asked Questions About Engine Rebuilds & Reconditioned Engines
Enginesrepairs, is the UK's leading engine re-manufacturer. We offer a complete engine overhaul and rebuilding service that covers the whole of the UK. We are the specialists in car engine Cylinder Head repairs and also Cylinder Block resleeving. We have a full & wide range of all genuine replacement engine parts and components. We also have a wide range of new & used cylinder heads in-stock. Where it is reasonably practical we will dismantle, overhaul and reassemble the complete auto engine units on an individual basis.
Can a remanufactured engine perform better than the original?
Yes, it can. Many vehicle owners just don't realize that a rebuilt engine is assembled to perform as well-or even better, than the original engine.
Most important of all, all of the components that go into a remanufactured engine will be either new, or machined to the very precise standards and specifications of the new car manufacturers instructions.
Also, engine builders will typically install upgraded components to eliminate known problems- like overheating and oil leaks- that may exist in the design of the original engine. Oil flow can also be improved. So therefore a rebuilt engine may easily exceed your expectations in engine performance, fuel economy and trouble & stress free operation.
A renewed engine is the only way to go.
What is Engine Re-Manufacturing?
Remanufacturing is the process of restoring used durable products to a “like new” condition. It has also been described as the ultimate form of recycling. Year on year its gaining increased recognition for the important role it can play in the journey towards a “green environment”.
You'll be helping the environment.
By buying a "rebuilt engine" you will be saving the earth's precious resources and energy, as well as greatly extending the service life of your families car and it's parts.
When a rebuilt engine is installed, fuel, ignition system and cooling systems are usually checked to be certain everything under the hood is in tip top operating condition.
Finally you could also ask for a copy of your written warranty, so to protect your investment. You can add it all up.. replacing your engine is almost always the best way to go for your pocket as well as your car.
Enginesrepairs has rebuilt engines of all types with 4,6, or 8 cylinders readily available for all popular domestic and imported cars, light trucks, and sport utility vehicles. The choices on offer include engines with aluminum heads, overhead cam designs, and other state-of-the art technological advances. Even exotic engines with 3, 5, 10, or 12 cylinders can be brought back to like-new condition.
Why consider Engine Re-Manufacturing?
As well as environmental issues there are also sound business reasons to choose to re manufacture your engine. All remanufactured products carry a full warranty. They invariably offer a significant saving over an equivalent new product. By choosing the remanufacturing option you can avoid any disposal costs attached to the old product.
Engine Repairs Rebuilds & Reconditioning Anywhere in the UK
Phone Us Now
Phone 01452 260501
For all of your engine or gearbox repair needs call us today for a chat & lets see if we can help you with your gearbox reconditioning, engine rebuilding, pressure testing, engine reboring, crankshaft grinding, engine block repairs, or any kind of vehicle engine repairs.